Last Halloween, 2016, we set sail on the Disney Fantasy out toward the Caribbean to spend Halloween on the high seas! And boy, was it the best Halloween we’ve ever had!
Top 20 Reasons for Why You Should Go on a Halloween on the High Seas Cruise:
- You don’t need to decorate, it’s all done for you!
- You don’t need to take decorations down. At all! They’re all right there, already in place, and they’ll stay in place till you debark the ship again!
- You can have your room decorated and upon arrival, your kids have the greatest surprise with lots of little presents waiting for them, too (including a singing and dancing Halloween tree!!)
- You don’t need to buy candy!!! Or give it out!
- You don’t need to coordinate party times with trick or treating times. It’s all taken care of and you won’t miss a thing.
- Your littlest ones won’t run and scream because some teenager was dressed completely inappropriately. 🙂
- You don’t HAVE to wear a Disney costume. My kiddo was dressed as Harry Potter, and no cast member said a thing. 😉
- When trick or treating, you get the GOOD candy! Like the REALLY GOOD candy! And you get it as often as you like. (Trust me, we got so much candy, I couldn’t pack it all and we had to leave it behind.)
- The perfect mood is set. PG-rated Halloween songs play whenever you want them to. Activities are pre-selected and perfectly timed throughout the cruise. And they repeat, so you won’t miss any of them.
- Jack Skellington is not forgotten! We had a Nightmare Before Christmas Sing Along in the big theater on the ship, and the movie plays in regular mode as well.
- Ghostly stories are told on the pool deck at night, which is a really cool experience, but 10-year old Christopher was frightened to death. So watch out! Those stories really aren’t for the faint at heart.
- For the little ones that do not want to be scared, there’s stories in the atrium told by the undertaker almost every night when the Halloween tree goes through changes.
- The Halloween tree is the best feature anyway! Kids plant their pumpkin seeds, then the tree grows leaves and pumpkins, then the pumpkins light up, and lastly, the tree comes to life! It’s really awesome!
- Character dance parties in Halloween attire! Meet and greets with all your Disney pals dressed for Halloween are the norm every day. It’s awesome!
- Pumpkin carving was no longer offered last year as a family activity, so I wouldn’t count on that being back. Edge (for the tweens) did offer a pumpkin carving session for those older kids, though.
- Halloween Day offers a special breakfast and lunch with decorations throughout the restaurants!
- Even Halloween dinner is special! Ghostly fare is served at your respective restaurant.
- The kids will have their own Halloween parties at night, and the adults are not forgotten. Halloween isn’t only for kids! We get our own costume contest and Halloween dance in the adult entertainment district.
- If you like popcorn, you can get the refillable baskets just like every cruise (you buy a basket once – I think for $20 or so? And then you can refill it for $1.50 as often as you like, every day all day long). But THIS cruise, your bucket is a vampire Mickey that will glow in the dark!
- And last, but not least: The ship does serve Pumpkin Spice Lattes!! I know what you’re thinking. That was the ultimate selling point.
And in between when you don’t feel like doing Halloween for an entire week? Well, you do your regular cruise thing! You go on your port adventures, you bath in the sun by the pool. You get a drink and enjoy carefree vacation time! Grab a snack by the pool side, enjoy Cabanas! Check out the new infinity pool in the family pool area (it just got added in 2017). Or send the kids to their kids clubs, and enjoy a massage, or an adult beverage by the adult pool, or the overlook on the top deck in a comfy chair.
But if you do love Halloween as much as we do, you get a full week’s worth of this spooky holiday – and you get it Disney-style! And right now, you can save 20-30% on this fall’s Halloween on the High Seas cruises! They’re all listed right here for your planning convenience. I would advise to make up your mind quickly, because these special rates do sell out.